VIdeo transcript of meeting
Brief notes & links
- GSNST: A Sky Survey to Search for Transients Unsing an Array of Robotic Telescopes – Malhar Kendurkar, President of Prince George Centre – FDAO Star Party at the DAO this Saturday, March 27th 7:00PM
- Antikythera Mechanism – APOD showed a photo and it is also highlighted in a Nature magazine article – Ken Atkinson
- MAIN SPEAKER: Allendria Brunjes, Skynews Editor-in-Chief. Allendria has been a journalist for 15 years, living in Ontario, and joined Skynews a year and a half ago.
- Next May/June issue focuses on public outreach, with help from Janeane and focusing on BC and Hawaii
- Some of the changes to the back end of the magazine over last 1.5 years include: subscriber management tools, marketing, new printer, branding, website and social media.
- Financial and editorial changes made last year highlighted by Chris Gainor
- New art and design – Isabelle Santiago
- New writers, editors: Chris Vaughan, Blake Nancarrow, Ivan Semaniak, Elizabeth Howell, Alan Dyer, Nicole Mortillaro, and others
- Biggest challenges and rewards discussed
- Sky This Week – review by Randy Enkin
- One Sky, Many Astronomies by Indigenous star lore expert Wilfred Buck – repeat presentation on March 26th online at UVic
- There is an occultation on April 23rd and if interested in photometry, contact David Lee